Director of Finance
Company: Educational Media Foundation
Posted on: March 17, 2020
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Director of
Finance provides leadership for all financial administration,
financial analysis and budgeting processes including general
ledger, revenue accounting, accounts payable, tax reporting,
payroll and financial analysis. This position also creates
strategic proposals, financial plans and economic models that
support EMFs current and future growth. Through financial analysis
and development of supporting systems and metrics, this position
provides resources and tools for executive leadership to evaluate
ministry opportunities, supporting growth, ministry, and financial
success. Scope of role:
- Oversee strategic planning and implementation for Finance, with
a focus on department goals, timelines, budgets, communication,
results tracking, and celebration.
- Assess ministry performance against both annual goals and
plans. Provide strategic recommendations based on operational
analysis, research, and projections, cost identification and
allocation, and resource analysis. Ensure tools and systems are in
place to provide critical operational and project information to
the CEO, COO, CFO and others, and make actionable recommendations
on both strategic goals and operational constraints.
- Provide leadership for all finance and accounting functions and
Finance Team, ensuring ministry wide collaboration and
communication, facilitating appropriate resolution of issues and
competing priorities. Ensure alignment of Finance Initiatives with
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring
compliance with appropriate accounting principles, best practices,
and regulatory requirements.
- Generate accurate and timely monthly financial reports
including income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash
- Provide timely and accurate financial, budgetary, and cash
management analysis and develop ongoing management and reporting
systems to be utilized by the CFO and other executive
- Oversee the ministrys independent financial audits, including
the annual financial statement and 401(k) Plan audits.
- Monitor and ensure ministry compliance with all external tax,
payroll and other federal and local requirements.
- Manage budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with
the ministrys strategic and operating plans. Develop and monitor
the annual operating budget and budget reforecast. Identify and
evaluate variances of planned versus actual results, appropriately
communicating and proactively partnering with leadership.
- Develop analysis and recommendations for economic models such
as potential acquisitions, financial implications of proposed
capital projects/expenditures, collaboration with external
organizations, and investment opportunities.
- Develop large station acquisition models, including working
with outside banks, finance companies and planned giving
- Develop cash flow and forecasting analysis resulting in a
reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism.
Develop an appropriate debt structure and minimum cash threshold to
meet operational needs. Manage and analyze cash balances,
generating cash flow position and projection spreadsheets and
budget to actual graphs and analysis.
- As directed by the CFO, maintain, develop and optimize banking
and treasury relationships including banking, cash management, as
well as investment and debt obligations of the ministry.
- Analyze historical financial data and discern trends in order
to optimize the use of ministry resources and forecast future
- Utilize best practices, technology, and strategic
planning/analysis software and systems to accomplish work.
Recommend systems and practices as appropriate across the ministry
providing training and mentoring as needed.
- Serve as a financial resource within the ministry to provide
essential information, analysis, and evaluation to departmental
leadership, ensuring compliance and resources for established
- Partner with Vice President of Signal Development to evaluate
the financial performance of existing signals. This would include
analyzing profit and loss by market, researching variances between
expected and actual results, and establishing correlations between
market profitability and other factors such as demographic
particularities, promotional and marketing efforts and competition
in the market.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Signal Development to
analyze potential signal acquisitions for financial feasibility and
desirability of the market.
- Provide strategic leadership, mentoring and developing a highly
competent and responsive Finance team, ensuring alignment of goals
and ministry initiatives with EMFs mission. Foster a learning
environment where training, risk management, operational best
practices, and biblical values go hand in hand with creative and
entrepreneurial solution that best fulfill the ministrys
- Provide functional leadership to the Finance
department.Qulifications we are seeking:
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA/CMA certification a
must; MBA desired.
- 10+ years of broad finance experience providing strategic and
hands-on leadership within a finance function (accounting,
budgeting, control, and reporting).
- Mergers and Acquisitions and Investment Funds a huge plus.
- Experience working in non-profits. Strong knowledge of
financial rules and regulations as they pertain to
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting,
budgeting, control, and reporting.
- Proven analytical skills with experience applying financial
models and methodology to strategic initiatives, analysis and
management. Experience creating measurements and metrics to
evaluate and manage strategic initiatives.
- Skill and experience in examining, developing, reengineering,
and recommending financial policies and procedures.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with strong service
mentality. Need to be seen as a team player.
- A hands-on leader with integrity and a desire to work in a
dynamic, mission driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop
sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation
- Demonstrated commitment to the social sector with a passion for
our mission and values.Benefits:This opportunity is in Rocklin, CA,
on-site at HQ. This position is exempt and we offer a rich benefits
package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous
paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the
ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities,
free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, meaningful work
relationships and more. ID: 2020-1441 External Company Name:
Educational Media Foundation - K-LOVE & Air1 External Company URL:
www.klove.com Street: 5700 West Oaks Blvd
Keywords: Educational Media Foundation, Rocklin , Director of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!