Network Engineer - III
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Network Engineer Apex Systems, the nation's 2nd largest staffing
organization, has an immediate opportunity for a Network Engineer
to work for a top telecommunications company out of Rocklin,
California. If you would be interested in applying, send a resume
to Courtney O'Brien, at and reference job #Client: One of the top
telecommunication companies Location: Rocklin, CA JOB SUMMARY: The
successful candidate will join the Core Network Engineering team
with responsibilities to engineering and deploy the network fabric
configuration to support the client's Cloud Platform applications
(VCP). The candidate will assume engineering responsibilities for
the Spine/Leaf fabric networks to successfully engineering,
automate and deploy the network configuration in mobile switching
center locations throughout the Western territory. The candidate
must work closely with the Capacity Planning, Design and Operations
teams to implement our strategic technology goals in support of the
Spine/Leaf fabric platform (eNSE). The candidate will work to
support the client, strategic technology goals including the
ongoing migration of core elements to VCP and eNSE. The candidate
will work to create an environment of teamwork and cooperation with
all stakeholders including; territories, edge, and design. Be
visible and lead by example.JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for engineering IP edge networks at Service
Aggregation Points (SAP) to support the networking configuration
needed to build and migrate the VCP applications.
- Engineer the IP (L2/L3) eNSE network configuration through the
use of automated systems for configuration deployment.
- Read and understand new and changing design models and
templates to support new application versions, migrations and
- Provide feedback to automation teams on how to update
- Add new Access Leafs (ALs) to the eNSE fabric network as Cloud
Platforms (VCP) grow and expand.
- Engineering network solutions with a strong interaction with
PNF and VNF applications teams.
- Working with underlay and overlay controllers for network
creation, network modeling, and network deployments.
- Overseeing network builds from procurement to In Service.
- Strong Interaction with design and architecture teams
developing future networks.
- Work with peer teams to ensure new networks are built and
migrated to meet KPIs.
- Must have a strong ability to understand end to end call flows
for deploying network services.
- Managing network engineering projects to deliver on time.
- Project oversight and ownership. What we're looking for... MUST
- Knowledge of spine and leaf fabric networking.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Experience with IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks and strong
knowledge of MPLS.
- Hands on experience with virtualization of
- Four or more years of relevant work experience. DESIRED SKILLS:
- Worked with Cisco (VTS), Nokia (Nuage) or Itential (IAP)
- Cisco and Nokia or other networking certifications.
- A strong ability to understand end to end call flows for
deploying network services.
- Python scripting a plus. Compensation and Benefits: As a
contract employee of Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health,
Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. Along with Short Term
Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay
Periods; Training and Development Programs, Corporate Discounts and
Perks, and our Referral ProgramEEO Employer Apex Systems is an
equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical
conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered
domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a
crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation,
union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you
have visited our website in search of information on employment
opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation in using our website for a search or application,
please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by
Keywords: Apex Systems, Rocklin , Network Engineer - III, Engineering , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!