Network Performance Engineer
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: July 27, 2022
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology
and communications services, transforming the way we connect across
the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.What you'll be doing...
Join Verizon as we continue to expand our industry-leading network
to improve the ways people, businesses, and things connect. Verizon
is positioned to lead the "Fourth Industrial Revolution" (4IR) with
the emergence of technologies like our best-in-class 5G network and
the Internet of Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries
such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety,
government, and many others. We are in the midst of historic
breakthroughs in connectivity and mobility to blend the physical
and the digital through cutting-edge technologies such as virtual
reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, autonomous
vehicles, nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and advanced
robotics. As part of this team, you will play a critical role in
our network transformation through building a unified network
across all lines of business and maintaining the technology that
keeps millions of our customers connected. The location for this
post is flexible and can be based out of any of the SAP Locations
in the West. As our Systems Assurance Engineer focused on Data
Assurance, you'll be responsible for end-to-end implementation and
operation of all physical and virtual network function EPC
technologies, both active and planned within the Verizon network.
Coordination of cross-functional work is required to collaborate
with other teams in the submarket including Edge Engineering, Edge
Applications, Engineering - Systems, Translations, TEI, VCP Edge
NFVI, VZB, Network Assurance Field/Systems, and Regional/Area Data
- Prepare and execute next generation technology initiatives
including software defined networks (SDN), network function
virtualization (NFV), evolved Network Services Edge (eNSE), Verizon
Cloud Platform (VCP-E) and 5G architecture.
- Collaborate with team (internal and external) to present
recommendations on enhancements to increase efficiency with
increasing workload for the network assurance team.
- Identify, monitor, report, escalate, and resolve technical and
project-related issues that may impact EPC (Evolved Packet Core)
- Develop scripts and automation tasks as well as use directional
tools to increase team efficiency.
- Monitor/Identify/Trend Key Performance Indicators utilizing
tools such as Irisview/SevOne/nGenius.
- Utilize Tools to find areas of efficiency, transparency,
opportunities for improvements, and work with external groups to
develop tools enhancements necessary to perform daily
- Physical requirements of the job may include, but are not
limited to: climbing stairs and ladders, working from elevated
areas, lifting and carrying objects weighing up to approximately 40
pounds, pushing, pulling, grasping, twisting/bending, and crawling,
squatting, or kneeling in small spaces. Where you'll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes
work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. What
we're looking for... You're tech-savvy, and well-versed in all
things telecommunications. Working independently is as comfortable
for you as being part of a team. No stranger to a fast-paced
environment, you manage multiple assignments, and competing
priorities while staying focused on important deadlines. As a
strong communicator, you can quickly build relationships with a
diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a
way that everyone can understand. You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Experience in Wireless Networking Architecture or LTE Network
- Willingness to work flexible hours including nightshift work
with dayshift hours as needed to support project requirements, and
serve as part of a 24x7 on-call rotation. Even better if you have
one or more of the following:
- A technical degree in Electronics, Electronics Engineering, or
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or
- Information Systems experience and/or CCNA, JUNOS, UNIX,
Openstack or Redhat Linux certifications.
- Four or more years of experience in Wireless Networking
Architecture or LTE Network Architecture.
- Experience in data networking protocols including TCP/IP, OSI,
OSPF, BGP, MPLS, and BFD, SIP and other LAN /WAN protocols.
- Experience in Network Function Virtualization and Software
- Experience managing/configuring Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Affirmed
Networks, Extreme Networks or other OEM physical and virtual
- Experience with Cloud computing.
- Ability to troubleshoot and teach across multiple EPC solutions
including PNF/VNF instances of: MME, PGW, SGW, EPDG, SR/SBC, MRFP,
FEX/NAC, Brocade, Firewall, ISP and MSE.
- Knowledge of 4G/5G network elements as they deploy, as well as
VoLTE call flows.
- Ability to grow with the position to impact VZ's Network
Assurance voice throughout the organization.
- Experience developing support tools using scripts and utilities
(e.g., Python, Ansible, Perl, Visual Basic).
- Demonstrated verbal, written, analytical, and communication
skills. If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we
encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better"
qualification listed above. We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,
we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page
to learn more.NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles.
Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional
information will be provided during the hiring process.Our credo is
at the core of the
V team culture.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Rocklin , Network Performance Engineer, Engineering , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!