Regional Maintenance Technician-PNR
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 20, 2023
* The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, repair,
align/calibrate, and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and
electronic equipment and instrumentation, as well as assist local
and regional personnel in the development of safety procedures and
policies for specific systems and facilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and calibrate equipment such as:
pumps and motors, mainline and manifold control valves, turbine and
positive displacement meters, proving equipment, tank gauging
equipment, pressure and temperature gauges and SCADA equipment, as
well as the equipment SCADA interfaces with.
* Maintains, and repairs electrical equipment including but not
limited to: Valve actuators, medium voltage switch gear and
substation equipment, motor circuit protectors, motor control
centers, truck loading equipment and control systems, remote
station control systems, pressure transmitters, tank level
measurement systems, tank high level alarm systems, electronic and
PLC based controllers, digital display equipment, lighting
circuits, safety systems and devices including pressure and
shutdown devices, teletype, SCADA transmission equipment as well as
automated fire control systems.
* Maintains records as required by Department of Transportation for
designated equipment and devices. * Maintains maintenance and
repair records for area equipment.
* Must maintain accurate and timely CMV logs and documentation.
* Assist in training of other technicians in all aspects of
* Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal
safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the
* Supports all regional projects and works with other station
personnel when the need arises.
* Assists with corporate engineered projects as requested including
preoperational testing, startup and commissioning.
* Works with vendors and their technicians on new and repaired or
* May be asked to inspect and document contract work on company
* Supports company and contract inspectors on area and regional
* Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on various
terminal and mainline equipment as requested.
* Will become familiar with Computer Based Maintenance Management
System and functions.
* Maintains a lubrication schedule on various terminal and mainline
* Acts as a "floating technician" to assist various locations as
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* High school diploma, Technical school degree or equivalent
Experience / specific Knowledge:
* Grade level of job depends on prior experience as a skilled
technician and industry related experience.
* Able to read and understand electrical schematics and ladder
diagrams, mechanical drawings, aerial strip maps and maintain
as-built drawings for them.
* Requires good communication skills, self-motivation and an
* Ability to be trained through both internal on the job training
and external technical programs.
* Experienced with installation, maintenance, and repair of refined
petroleum products pipeline systems and equipment for station and
terminal operations (experienced technicians).
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and required safety
precautions, DOT requirements including those related to
calibration and maintenance records, safety inspections and
reports. Certification, licenses, registrations:
* A satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a
current, valid State driver's license are mandatory. The ability to
pass the Commercial Motor Vehicle physical is a requirement.
* If applicable to the work location, satisfactorily obtaining or
already possessing a Transportation Worker Identification
Credential (TWIC) card is a condition of employment. TWIC card is
obtained by submitting an application, background check, and having
* If the employee is subject to license or certification
requirements or training as stipulated by local, state or federal
agencies or the Company, now or in the future, compliance is
required under this job description.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
* Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
Must be able to read and comprehend written documents, instructions
and directions, as well as be able to accurately pass on
information and instructions to co-workers.
* Must be accountable and take direction from Managers; keep
required work schedules, which include regular and predictable job
attendance; focus attention on details; follow work rules.
* Must be able to pass Operator Qualification requirements (OQ)
* Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e., Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is necessary in order to interface
with company communication systems.
* Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal
supervision and/or direction.
* Well-balanced interpersonal skills. Must be flexible and able to
work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a
professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers,
clients, consultants, and representatives of various local, state
and federal agencies.
* In order to meet the various maintenance and general operational
requirements, a mechanical aptitude is necessary.
* Employee must be physically capable of completing and satisfying
all training requirements as stipulated by local, state or federal
agencies and/or Company Policy.
* Work is performed outside in varying and sometimes extreme
* Perform physical labor in a variety of extreme climatic
conditions, including walking, bending, stooping, climbing tanks,
digging, lifting and general manual labor.
* Field activities may include walking to and amidst work and/or
construction sites, climbing in and out of trenches, working around
heavy equipment, negotiating rough terrain, areas of loose rock and
working in confined spaces.
* Must be able to climb tanks (averaging about 60 steps) safely and
without assistance, including holding on to a handrail with one
hand and carrying equipment (such as tank gauging tools) and/or
tool bag in other hand.
* Job requires visual acuity to see and work at a computer screen,
read gauges and other measuring devices, as well as the ability to
hear various alarms.
Extended periods of sitting may be required for administrative
* Job entails call-outs on a 24-hour emergency basis and an ability
to work long hours, weekends, nights and holidays, when
* Must carry a cell phone and/or pager and respond to calls/pages
in a timely manner 24/7.
* Occasional overnight travel required.
* Position subject to 24-hour call-out, including nights, weekends,
* Overtime required and extended work hours in cases of
* May be required to work alone (unsupervised).
* May be exposed to some refined oil products containing chemicals
which may be related to certain types of illnesses or reproductive
toxicity. Some emit vapors under certain conditions, are flammable
and may be explosive under certain circumstances.
* Exposure to smells and vapor associated with refined petroleum
* Climatic conditions are determined by location assignment and may
include severe seasonal changes including both winter conditions
with frequent snow or extreme summer heat and sun, depending upon
Above the minimum requirement; not required but advantageous in
* Knowledge and experience working with construction contractors is
* Experience in pipeline inspection is preferred.
* Experience with petroleum storage and dispensing operations is
* Pipeline hydraulics experience desired
* Basic knowledge of cathodic protection.
* Knowledge of piping, valves and pressures.
* Knowledge of pipeline operations.
* Experience with storage tank operations, including inspections,
alarms and sampling.
Pay range: $40.00 - $53.00 per hour. This position includes a
discretionary annual incentive plan. Job level and pay commensurate
with experience and skill set.Kinder Morgan, Inc. offers employees
a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits offered for this
position may include the following: health care benefits including
medical, prescription drug, dental , and vision coverage; Flexible
and Health Spending Accounts; Life and Accidental Death and
Disability insurance; Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and
Disability insurance for employee and dependents; retirement
benefits including a 401(k) with employer and employee
contributions and a company-funded pension plan; paid time off;
paid holidays; a flexible work schedule and many voluntary benefit
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK
BEING PERFORMED. THIS POSITION MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants are considered for positions without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status,
marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or
any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Rocklin , Regional Maintenance Technician-PNR, Engineering , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!