Project Sales Account Manager
Company: SMA America
Posted on: January 8, 2021
The Project Sales Manager - Energy Storage is responsible for
identifying and developing major strategic customer business
partnerships, driving market technology alignment and profitable
sales of company Storage Equipment and Energy Management Solutions
to key targeted Strategic Accounts (Solar/Storage project
Developers, EPCs, Utilities, IPPs, End Users, Asset Owners) within
the assigned territory.PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Thorough understanding of customer strategies, priorities,
organization and methodologies.
- Develops effective long-term strategic plans to capture
majority project pipeline share, maximize sales revenue and project
- Complex solutions selling approach required to drive technology
alignment and forward roadmap development.
- Develops strong relationships with internal colleagues and
external stakeholders, with solid communication and interpersonal
skills at all relevant levels throughout internal and target
organizations and functional departments.
- Actively drives sales performance, logging activities in online
systems with thorough organization skills and direct Management
- Implements and improves sales cycle, systems and processes as
required to drive improved effectiveness and profitability.
- Develops comprehensive short and long-term sales strategies to
maximize business capture across the customer base.
- Coordinating, facilitating and managing all activities for
selected target customers.
- Develops comprehensive Business Cases/Strategic Marketing plans
to feed market input/industry data/customer requirements into
internal Business Unit product/solutions design cycle and
- Ensures successful company positioning of most appropriate
market-driven, customer-centric focused solutions.
- Actively engages/participates in determining company's forward
Storage/Emery Management technology roadmap and design/development
- Actively owns, drives and manages monthly pipeline business
forecast and addresses any issues for successful, timely company
and customer resolution.
- Attendance at relevant Trade Shows, Conferences, Seminars and
industry events as required.
- Other duties as maybe required or assigned.REQUIRED TRAINING
(TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is required.
- Masters/Post Grad training, certification, Renewable Energy
- Direct experience in the Storage/Energy Management sector
- Electrical Engineering qualifications with complex electrical
systems design experience preferred.REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL
EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- 10 years' successful, demonstrable sales, business development,
product management, engineering management experience in advanced
technology industries with strong engineering bias.
- 10 years' experience in electrical systems engineering/design
in Solar/PV or related field including process industry.
- Proven track record of managing large, complex customers in
cross-functional matrix environments with lengthy design,
qualification, and project sales cycles across multiple
- Understanding of, and lengthy prior engagement with,
Utilities/IPPs and End Users required.
- Understanding of/familiarity with operation of Utility Grids,
Microgrids, power plants, energy transmission, delivery and
- Must have experience working with/for Utilities, End Users,
software controls system integrators, battery vendors in Renewable
Energy, Solar, Storage markets.
- Requires extensive, influential network of senior-level key
industry contacts, understanding of market trends/industry drivers
and full system Energy Storage technology roadmaps.
Keywords: SMA America, Rocklin , Project Sales Account Manager, Executive , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!