Business Office Director
Company: Atria Senior Living
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Whats the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding
career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a
front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on
earth. Whats more, you are part of an extraordinary company one
thats investing in the future of senior living by investing in you.
Dont just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.Atria is an
equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate
harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected
classifications.The wage range for this position is $62,000/yr -
$67,000/yr, dependent on prior work history and experience.The
Community Business Director (CBD) is responsible for managing and
supervising the business office functions at the community. This
position serves as the communitys primary resource for handling and
managing questions/inquiries from residents and their families as
well as from our own employees related to, among other things, cash
receipts, billing, vendor payments, expenses, payroll and benefits.
The CBD also coordinates and assists with maintaining accurate
employee payroll and benefits data and is expected to be able to
explain and instruct employees regarding benefit options.
- Maintains and oversees specific processes for the collection
and maintenance of resident data, which includes resident statement
accuracy, review of resident agings, confirming level of care to
billing accuracy, and resident demographic information.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all front desk/clerical
personnel including scheduling, assignment, direction, performance
review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and discipline
consistent with company policy.
- Assists the Executive Director with managing the communitys
operation by utilizing independent judgment and discretion to
review and advise on billing issues, expenditures and budgetary
matters for the community.
- Manages and directs all accounts receivable, to include pursuit
and follow-up of unpaid balances.
- Ensures correct coding of the communitys accounts payable and
accrues expenses as needed.
- Directs collection of on-site employee data related to, among
other things, demographics, payroll, employee benefits and employee
leave administration. Ensures employee files are maintained in
accordance with Atrias policies and procedures as well as federal,
state, and local regulations.
- Primary community responsibility for assistance with month-end
close process. This would include, among other things, accrual
preparation and analysis of general ledger/monthly operating
statements. Works with Executive Director to fully understand
operating results and trends.
- Diligently works toward the completion of special projects,
request, and assignments as appropriate.
- Serves as the communitys manager-on-duty on a regular
- Assists in sales process by conducting inquiry tours as
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other
various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Associate or bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, Finance
or a related field and two (2) years of experience with business
office functions; or an equivalent combination of education and
- Three (3) to five (5) years in business office management,
finance or accounting preferred.
- Working knowledge of general accounting, billing and
collections and expense management practices.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word.
Can accurately communicate, providing the necessary level of detail
even under stressful or demanding conditions. Ensures a positive
attitude and team orientation is exhibited in verbal and non-verbal
- Past history of solid performance management skills, including
the ability to communicate performance expectations, document
performance conversations, coach and document performance issues
and complete performance management expectations as guided by the
- Able to perform budget analysis and variance reporting.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and ability to operate
standard office equipment.
- Must have or be willing to get a COVID-19 vaccine, subject to
legal requirements.Business Director, accounting, Accounting
Manager, business office management, finance, Community Business
Director, Business Office Manager, Human Resources, HR,
Bookkeeping, Bookkeeper, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable,
Business Office Coordinator, General Ledger, Payroll, Accounting
Manager, Assisted Living, Retirement, Senior Living, Hospitality,
Hotel, Employees, Accrual preparation, Expense-tracking,
Accounting, A/P, A/R, G/LCommunity Name: RocklinRequisition ID:
2022-203614Posting Community Location: Atria Senior Living -
RocklinExternal Company URL: https://www.atriacareers.comSalary:
Starting at $62,000.00 / hour
Keywords: Atria Senior Living, Rocklin , Business Office Director, Executive , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!