Surgical Research Technician
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Position Overview:The Surgical Research Technician assists with
all research laboratory procedures involving various research
models and performs specific functions to enable all research
activities to be completed as scheduled. -Qualifications:Education,
-Licensure, and -Certifications Qualifications:
- AS degree in veterinary technology or equivalent college level
training in biology or science is required.
- BA or BS degree in Biology, Animal Science, Science is
- CA driver's license is required.Experience Qualifications:
- A minimum of 6 -months of experience or demonstrated
equivalence, in a veterinary hospital or research laboratory
setting is required. Preferably with -experience in a surgical
laboratory, including anesthesia administration, equipment use and
maintenance, and conducting of surgical procedures on various
research models is preferred. -Skills and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Knowledge of research model handling, anatomy and physiology
(various models) preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of the use and administration of
medications used in the research environment.
- Advanced organizational skills including attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication
- Accuracy in recording and transferring data.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to use a computer. -Special Requirements:
- Must be able to drive to various sites.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while potentially
wearing personal protective equipment such as surgical gowns and
- Available for on-call, weekend and evening shifts if needed.
-Organization:Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoEmployee Status:
RegularEmployee Referral Bonus: NoBenefits: NoPosition Status:
Non-ExemptUnion: NoJob Shift: VariableShift Hours:8 Hour ShiftDays
of the Week Scheduled:Varied DaysWeekend Requirements:
RotatingSchedule: Per DiemHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:Per
DiemApplications Accepted:All Applications AcceptedSchedule/Shift:
Per Diem/ Variable
Keywords: Sutter Health, Rocklin , Surgical Research Technician, Healthcare , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!