Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy Tech, Urgent Care
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Organization:SMF-Sutter Med Foundation- CentralPosition
Overview: Provides clinical and clerical support to providers and
members of the patient care team(s) by performing a variety of back
office, patient-related and phlebotomy tasks supporting the
delivery of high-quality patient care. Helps ensure smooth patient
and workflow within the department and assists the patient care
team in implementing the medical plan of care. Performs laboratory
procedures in phlebotomy and specimen handling to preserve specimen
integrity that are in the scope of practice for the phlebotomy
field of work. Integrates education, technical competence, and
patient interaction skills to gain confidence and cooperation from
the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) or
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the
requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical
Board of California.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- CPTI-Certified Phlebotomy Technician I
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare ProviderEXPERIENCE
- 1 year with successful venipunctures.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of scope of practice for Medical Assistants in the
State of California.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Knowledge of clinical protocols for vital signs.
- Knowledge of normal values for vital signs (Blood Pressure,
Pulse, Respirations, Temperature).
- Knowledge of medical positioning for patients.
- Knowledge of effective teamwork dynamics between front and back
- Sufficient knowledge of medical terminology and the English
language, to understand and communicate in a reasonable manner, the
duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal
supervision. License/Certifications: BLS-Basic Life Support
Healthcare Provider - American Heart Association, CPTI-Certified
Phlebotomy Technician I - California Department of Public
(Required)Job Shift:VariedSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:8Days of
the Week:VariableWeekend Requirements:Rotating
WeekendsBenefits:YesUnions:NoPosition Status: Non-ExemptWeekly
Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1Sutter Health
Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans. Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Rocklin , Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy Tech, Urgent Care, Healthcare , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!