Vice President, Customer Service
Company: Graceworks Lutheran Services
Posted on: February 18, 2021
SMA America--is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
SMA America--is an E-Verify Employer.
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant?-- Login Now
The Vice President, Customer Service is responsible for
establishing SMA as best-in-industry service provider across all
SMA chosen product and market segments in the Americas region. Core
responsibilities include customer service business strategy
development and leadership, profitable growth, customer loyalty 2nd
to none, customer service innovation, talent acquisition, and
workforce excellence. Duties include leading all customer facing
service functions; customer care, call center (Service Line), field
services, operations & maintenance, regional competency center /
service engineering resources, and service enablement functions
across the entire Americas region. The VP Customer Service enables
a culture for cross-functional, cross-regional and competence-based
collaboration which enables the teams to deliver against
pre-defined requirements. Within the complex service environment,
the VP drives the organization and other functions with a high
customer centricity and stands in as customer interaction point on
executive level for key clients.
- Promotes and accountable for Safety FIRST - Safety ALWAYS
- Leads all direct customer facing departments; Customer Care,
Service Line, Field Service, Operations and Maintenance, and
Regional Competency Center / Engineering, and Service Enablement
Functions (training, partner management, key account management,
etc.---), also by active management of KPI's.
- Actively support corporate and global service strategy,
implementing on regional level and plays key role in the ongoing
- Leads and motivates staff and workforce - building a top
performing operational team and instilling a culture of
accountability, results and flexibility in order to meet/exceed
customer expectations. Target is to enable managers leading their
teams independently, with high degree of collaboration and within a
- Development, planning and implementation of a customer service
excellence strategy - driving customer-oriented thinking,
innovation, and relationships.
- Builds service capabilities and processes that establish SMA as
#1 in Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty, differentiated by customer
segment and sub-region.
- Working closely with SMA Sales to increase customer
satisfaction in an end-to-end value chain and driving collaboration
of respective teams.
- Member of the SMA Americas Management Board to drive strategic
development of the organization with other senior leaders in a
- Maintaining C-level customer relationships with key clients to
drive long-term engagement and standing in for management of
- Close collaboration with other functions (e.g. operations,
finance, HR) within the region and forming platforms for
collaboration of the respective teams.
- Interfaces with SMA headquarters (Germany), especially product
management, executive leadership team & Admin functions with a high
degree of cooperation and value-based collaboration.
- Annual budgeting, resource planning, and capital expenditure
- Other duties as may be required or assigned. Position
- A bachelor's degree in technical or business field with
respective industry experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in senior management role is
- At least five years of experience in customer interaction role
- Experience across Americas region is preferred (North, Central,
South America) Additional Information:
- Solid knowledge of managing customer-interacting organizations
- Industry experience in e.g. services, construction,
manufacturing, telecommunication, energy, IT
- Excellent leadership and organizational development
- Explicit experiences in forming competence-based organizations
and broad cross-functional networks which are working
- Experiences in managing customer interfacing teams in complex
environments or industries.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills with experiences in
interacting with executive levels.
- Strong people development, coaching skills, trustful working
and open minded.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal,
is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Experienced working in international settings & environment
required, working abroad would be helpful.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a variety of
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are
- This position will require periodic domestic and international
travel, up to 50%.
Keywords: Graceworks Lutheran Services, Rocklin , Vice President, Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!