Technical Program Manager
Company: Novanta Inc.
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta,
our innovations power technology products that are transforming
healthcare and advanced manufacturing-improving productivity,
enhancing people's lives and redefining what's possible. We create
for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that
deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of
mission-critical applications-from minimally invasive surgery to
robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The
Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to
work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork,
collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to
make a significant impact in maintaining our product leadership
position by managing programs to develop new products and features
to realize our short- and long-term product roadmaps. The role is
highly cross-functional comprising of managing matrixed teams of
engineering, marketing, platform, services, supply chain,
manufacturing to achieve key milestones and project objectives. It
also provides the opportunity of working with management to
influence decision making. This is an individual contributor role
but has high visibility and offers career opportunities.
- Project Management Execution: Collaborates with
multi-disciplinary/cross-functional project teams to ensure that
products are developed in accordance with Celera Motion's ISO 9001
compliant Product Development Process as well as all applicable
- Manages the motors and mechatronics project portfolio for
specific customers: including new platform and custom products,
R&D and transfer to production.
- Interfaces with external stakeholders: Interfaces with
customers and suppliers as needed during the design and development
of new products and facilitates the flow of information with
internal stakeholders in a structured and efficient way.
- Participates in the commercial proposal development
- Develop clear and concise project charters and facilitates the
development of robust product specifications/documentation and
solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Manages the planning and execution of customer projects in
accordance with Celera Motion's Product Development Process and/or
the customer's development process.
- Leads on time project completion and product launches: Works
within our multi-disciplinary team to define, design, build, and
test new products across the lifecycle from initial conception to
- Creates project schedules and budgets in collaboration with
technical project leads and functional managers, and then
continually tracks and manages technical and schedule risks to
ensure adherence to these schedules and budgets throughout the
project execution timeline.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Development teams from
initial concept to on-going product support.
- Effectively communicates project status, KPIs, risks, and
mitigation plans with key internal and external stakeholders on a
- Plays a key role in developing the broader organization: Works
with peers within the Program management Office to develop and
implement best practices and tailor processes to best fit the needs
of the motors and mechatronics product line.
- Works with the engineering team on product roadmaps and
Required Experience, Education, Skills, Training and
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineer or similar disciplines. MS/MBA preffered.
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering and System Architecture
principles is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in integrated product design, robotics
or medical devices preferred in combination with technical project
engineering leadership managed within a structured development
environment, preferably within a precision motion setting.
- Strong knowledge of program management fundaments employing
both traditional and Agile management techniques.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills across
- Demonstrated passion to be highly organized and process
- Positive, can-do attitude, with strong engagement skills and
ability to influence positive outcomes with a sense of urgency and
personal commitment to market success, always tempered by a high
moral and business code of conduct.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while being
flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when
- Strong communication and presentation skills demonstrating the
ability to communicate complex concepts in easy to understand ways
to colleagues, internal stakeholders, and customers.
- Excellent working knowledge of common software tools such as
Microsoft Office, JIRA and MS Project.
- PMP certification or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with CAD tools (Solidworks, CREO, NX) and PLM is
- Familiarity with production processes such as injection molding
and sheet metal forming, as well as prototyping techniques such as
3D printing, laser cutting.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals and
manufacturing techniques, including DFM.
- Less than 10%
- Ability to obtain up to date Covid-19 vaccination status prior
to employment start day per the current CDC guidelines (full
vaccination dose and booster, if eligible).
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other
category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation
for any part of the employment process.
Keywords: Novanta Inc., Rocklin , Technical Program Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!