Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Responsible for order placement and inventory level functions to
include the creation of daily purchase orders, and weekly warehouse
transfers. Manages the day-to-day activities of inventory
replenishment for selected categories utilizing an exception-based
replenishment system. Responsible to analyze reports and sales
trends to make effective procurement decisions. Manages in stock
position for all assigned suppliers and/or categories to provide
efficient service to internal and external customers.
* Ensures compliance with company's procurement process by
approving, reviewing and processing purchase orders for internal
and external customers.
* Accountable for targeted fill rates/service levels/order
* Reviews and analyzes daily and weekly reports to check service
levels and inventory turns, adjusts as needed.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, experience in
taking initiative and making appropriate decisions.
* Ensures appropriate inventory levels are maintained as product
arrives as scheduled allowing for appropriate lead time.
* Pass I/O training with a high level of comprehension.
* Monitors product data to ensure individual goals are met for fill
rate, in-stock and order placement.
* Utilize reports to ensure product data is accurate.
* Meets deadlines and completes special projects as assigned.
* Organize and prioritize purchase orders, maintain inventories,
monitor usage inconsistencies, price changes, pack changes and
vendor back orders.
* Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook,
Adobe reader and the ability to learn proprietary host systems.
* Procure and manage inventory investment buys to attain projected
category profitability as needed
* Approves Account Payable variance processes for distribution
sourced items as needed
Education/ Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
* High school diploma or GED required
* Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
* One (1) or more years' experience directly related to the duties
and responsibilities specified.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills that aid in the
ability to work within diverse environments
* Ability to analyze and solve problems
* Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
* Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Ability to recognize future trends.
* Ability to make decisions under pressure
* Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns
* Ability to complete moderately complex administrative
* Flexible, resilient and comfortable working in grey areas that
are constantly changing
* Strong collaboration skills to partner with cross-functional
* Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel, Word skills,
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/ DEMANDS:
* Some travel may be required
* Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office
* Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
* Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other
office equipment in the course of normal workday
* Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
* Additional Locations: United States of America, Colorado, Aurora;
United States of America, Rhode Island, Providence; United States
of America, New Hampshire, Chesterfield; United States of America,
Virginia, Mechanicsville; United States of America, California,
* Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Rocklin , Replenishment Buyer, Other , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!