Company: JELD-WEN, Inc.
Posted on: March 16, 2020
SUMMARY OF GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION: Under direct
supervision, the Maintenance II mid-level position(s) performs work
of increased difficulty in the various tasks including, but not
limited to, electro mechanical machine maintenance and repair,
carpentry, plumbing, masonry, painting, electrical and plant
layout, inside and outside of the JELD-WEN production plant.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs advanced maintenance on electro mechanical machinery
and the structure of the JELD-WEN facility.
- Machinery repairs and troubleshooting include but are not
limited to; repairing or replacing electrical components, wiring,
motors, sensors, actuators, pneumatic systems, cylinders, valves,
hydraulic systems, AC and DC motors, as well as conveyor
- Installing/moving, balancing, leveling and aligning
- Troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), power
distribution and control circuits as well as robotics.
- Ability to fabricate using metal, wood, etc. and modify
equipment for installation or tool relocations.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, blueprints, work
orders and associated documentation is required.
- Many of these repairs require basic hand tools, power tools and
- Troubleshooting to identify the root cause of the failure is
- Structural repairs include repairing minor holes and cracks in
walls ceilings and flooring, basic plumbing work, repairing sinks,
toilets and fixtures.
- Works with appropriate facility personnel to mitigate
breakdowns and to insure the end product meets the production
standards and guidelines in conjunction with quality control
- Assists and guides the Maintenance position and works closely
under the auspices of the Maintenance III positions along with
management to achieve the goals and objectives of JELD-WEN as
- Maintains the machinery and equipment in a clean, orderly, and
operational condition while following prescribed safety
- Conforms with safety regulations per plant policies and
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
This includes, but is not limited to, the use of safety glasses,
ear plugs, masks, steel toed boots/shoes, and associated safety
equipment in order to be on the plant floor and maintain and repair
the machinery and equipment and perform the job duties in a safe
and efficient/effective manner; Reports unsafe conditions to
appropriate supervision; Performs other duties as assigned by
management. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative, but not
all inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The
employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to lift
and operate hand tools, power tools and welding equipment. The
employee must occasionally and/or frequently lift and/or move items
up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA) will be reviewed and considered on a case-by case basis. WORK
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles, moving mechanical
parts and machines, vibrations and loud noises.
- All safety protocols including OSHA guidelines as mentioned
above are mandatory. KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least three (3) experience in the various skilled trades at
a JELD-WEN facility or comparable facility preferred.
- Certifications and/or apprenticeships in the skilled trades
- Must be knowledgeable in electro mechanical machinery repair
and maintenance, electrical work from low voltage to 480V 3 phase,
carpentry, painting, plumbing, masonry, and plant layout.
- Must be able to detect, report and make repairs to defective
electro mechanical machinery.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent training and
supervision and assistance from Maintenance III positions, and
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend basic verbal and
written instructions, read and interpret drawings, blueprints,
sketches, instructions and specifications. Must be willing to
accept and receive frequent training and supervision and assistance
from senior Maintenance, and supervisory personnel.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to effectively
and tactfully communicate with many levels of personnel in a
variety of situations and environments. Must be able to work in a
- Must have the ability and motivation to learn; The ability to
work in a manufacturing and fast paced environment; Must be very
energetic and enthusiastic, have reliable transportation, be
punctual and dependable.
- Needs to be results driven.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical examination and
drug screen. Please note that this position description/job title
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. These duties may change at any time with
reasonable notice to the employee at the discretion of
Keywords: JELD-WEN, Inc., Rocklin , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!