HVAC Field Technician Team Leader
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: May 7, 2022
At - and through our businesses including and , we create
innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and
transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable
world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges
and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when
we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at
home. We boldly go.Job Summary:Trane in Rocklin, CA -is hiring for
a Technician Team Leader to join our organization. - In this role
you will be responsible for supervising HVAC Field Technicians who
repair/retrofit/replace environment comfort systems, utilizing
knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting and mechanical
- Responsible for training and developing HVAC Field Technicians,
providing technical advice and offering guidance.
- Assist in scheduling, organizing, and dispatching HVAC Field
Technicians. - Assist Service Manager with recommendations for
hiring/firing of staff.
- Maintain vehicles by keeping record of service manuals,
scheduling and completing repair and maintenance services.
- Work with Project Manager to prepare for on-site installations
and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating
difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work as
- Evaluate area safety needs/requirements to provide feedback and
recommendations to service technicians and assists in the
implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training.
- [Customizable field] - If overnight travel is required, please
specify the number of nights to be expected per
- Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school
with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning or
equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in HVAC.
- Working knowledge of HVAC products, systems, electronics and
- EPA approved Universal Technician Certification.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations included, but
not limited to: -
- DUI, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving
or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years. Additional Requirements and Environmental
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle using a
- Must be able to wear helmets, safety goggles, fall protection
harness and safety boots to safely perform job duties
- Must be able to twist the trunk of your body 90 degrees in each
- Must be able to squat and touch the floor with both hands
- Must be able to reach your hands over your head
- Must be able to stand on concrete surfaces for extended
periods, routinely up to 4 hours
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling and climbing ladders. -
It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs.,
frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. and occasionally lift
and/or move more than 40 lbs.
- Must be able to safely use a ladder with a 350 lb. total weight
limit, while carrying equipment of 50 lbs. or less
- Must be able to maneuver confined access areas, as small as 30"
vertical x 45" horizontal
- Must be able to comfortably and routinely access rooftops with
extension and/or fixed ladders at heights of 15' to 20', and
occasionally, up to 50 feet +
- This role may be exposed to variable weather conditions, moving
mechanical parts, heights, risk of electrical shock, noisy
operating equipment and other variable environmental conditions
based on locationWe offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity
employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age,
marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Rocklin , HVAC Field Technician Team Leader, Professions , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!