Fiber Construction Technician
Posted on: May 8, 2022
LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOUR POTENTIAL?
A job with AT&T as an Outside Plant Technician can provide you
with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career
possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary, company
provided vehicles and tools and benefits that include medical,
dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Outside Plant Technicians install, maintain and repair services
for our customers.
What you'll do as an AT&T Outside Plant Technician:
1. Work with heavy duty power equipment and hand tools in the
construction and repair of outside plant cable facilities, conduit
and pole lines.
2. Load required tools and material into assigned Company vehicle
with automatic transmission and drives or rides to work
3. Drive vehicles with three or more axles or tow other vehicles of
6,000 pounds or more. Will be required to obtain Class A Driver's
License once on the job. (this includes passing a Federal DOT
Medical Examination) Will be required to have taken and passed the
Class A Driver's License written test within six months.
4. All employees who hold a commercial vehicles driver's license
and, as part of their job function are required or may be required
to operate a motor vehicle whose Gross Combination Weight rating of
26,001 or more pounds includes of a towed unit with a gross vehicle
weight rating of more than 10,000 pounds or, is designated to
transport 15 or more passengers, including the driver or, is of any
size and is used in transporting hazardous materials requiring
placarding under federal regulations will be required to
participate in federally mandated drug and alcohol testing
5. Receive verbal and/or written work orders and instructions form
6. Review and analyze complex schematic drawings to determine work
to be done, methods and sequence of tasks.
7. Perform various types of construction operations which all
require heavy physical labor and lifting.
8. Required to follow standards and practices while meeting service
9. Perform housekeeping duties for assigned Company vehicles and
various work locations for the safety of the employee and
protection of the facilities under construction.
10. Communicate and coordinate with other work groups to perform
test on work in progress or completed work and obtains additional
information regarding work assignment.
11. Perform preventative maintenance on all assigned company tools,
equipment and motor vehicle.
12. Perform repetitive tasks, e.g., manually digging poles/and or
13. Respond to customer inquiries about products, work operations,
etc. during field contacts.
14. Use hand tools to connect wires to terminals and to attach and
detach various kinds of hardware to cable, etc. Work with color
15. Use testing equipment to check for gas in manholes and cleans
water and debris from manholes.
16. Must meet specific quality, production and safety
17. Work with tools, equipment and cable that may be heavy which
have to be loaded and unloaded from Company vehicle, moved or
18. Will be expected to be the Company's and customer's
19. Perform time reporting tasks on a daily basis.
20. May be required to climb non-stepped poles with the use of
Term employees are those engaged for a specific project or limited
period with the definite understanding that their employment is to
terminate upon completion of the project or at the end of the
period. Employment is expected to continue for more than one (1)
year, but no more than three (3) years.
Our Outside Plant Technicians must have the following:
Valid state driver's license
Meet 275lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors
Ability to lift and move up to 100lbs
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a
manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local
Qualify on pre-employment screening
Study Guides - (click the links below to open the various study
Assessment Information :
Technical/Mechanical Test III (TMT -III)
Keywords: AT&T, Rocklin , Fiber Construction Technician, Professions , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!